Document Management Software market has elevated over the years as businesses data increases consistently. However, to efficiently manage business information and ensure the document’s security, it is necessary to adopt a secure and advanced document management software that brings efficiency to the process. Still, help organisations boost productivity, Introduce Automation, obtain better ROI, and improve ROI built an unbreakable yet powerful system. In this article, we will discuss honest Document Management Software Reviews including their respective pros and cons.
What is a Document Management Software?
Document Management Software (DMS) is a solution used to create, store, share, manage or track business documents or files, limiting paper usage.
What are the Pros & Cons of Document Management Software?
Just like all other technologies, there are specific Pros & Cons of document management software as well. Let us discuss
Pros of Document Management Software
DMS comes with overwhelming advantages for any business as it transforms the entire document management process and makes it 10x times more effective than before. A few of plenty pros are
- Enhanced Data Security
- Regulatory Compliance advantage
- Disaster recovery facility & Smooth Data Retrieval
- Centralized document management and control
- High Mobility- Use anywhere you go
- Cost-efficient & Time saving
- More Task Automation resulting in more employee productivity.
Cons of document management software
Keeping aside numerous Pros of Document Management Software let’s discuss a few possible demerits:
- Hacking & Virus injection into the organization’s infrastructure will also harm Document Management Software and its data.
- Employees unwilling to adapt to technology and due to lack of experience users may take some time to get their hands on the system.
- The transition from a paper-based office to a paperless enterprise requires time & resources.
- Equipment needs to be purchased at the initial stage for scanning old documents & uploading for creating the database.
Here is the list of document management systems that are used by industries, businesses, or individual users across the world to mitigate hurdles and make a systematic yet finer document management process:
FilesDNA is the best E-signature software and an exquisite free Document Management System with AI/Machine Learning Capabilities and blockchain security. FilesDNA helps organisations streamline digital document flow utilising cutting-edge technologies.
- Blockchain Integration & Encryption
- Create, Share & Edit Documents fast
- Two-factor authentication
- Web & Mobile app availability
- Automate sign delegation
- OCR System usable with multiple languages
- Supports NFC Tags
- E-Archive system
- Document Scanning feature
- Google Authenticator security
M-files is recognized as the best document management software that manages the documents from creation to disposal. It provides an all-in-one solution to connect e-mails, documents, order details, project or customer information everything at a single place.
- Document Labelling
- Collaboration feature for teams
- Client Document Management
- Industry leading OCR feature
- E-signing solution integration
- Compliance, Risk & quality management
- Automatic Audit trial
- Integration with Google workplace, Salesforce, and Microsoft 365.
Rubex by eFilecabinet
Rubex is a software of today’s technology that specializes in modernizing business workflows with automation. Businesses can focus on their primary work and let documents file themselves, putting an end to the monotonous tasks.
- Centralised document storage
- Effortless integration with cloud & on-premise environment
- Work anywhere on Desktop & Mobile app
- Customizable workflows
- Automate Data entry
- Encrypted file sharing
- Role-based permission assigning, Two-factor authentication, and more.
Zoho Docs is an online file management software to securely store, manage & share files complimenting collaborative workspaces or real-time availability to one another. It stores all types of files at a centralized location which can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
- Bulk files upload to cloud
- Rich synchronisation facilities
- Password protection links
- In-app Collaboration features
- Customizable Admin Control functions
- Server Failure recovery
- Advanced analytics & Audit trials
Microsoft SharePoint Online
Microsoft SharePoint Online is the most widely known platform, built to control document lifecycle and implement a well-structured document management process. Efficient management with SharePoint enables team collaboration across the organization.
- Migration Manager
- Data loss prevention
- Sensitivity labelling of files
- Co-authoring & File collaboration
- Create Modern intranet
- Customization for Branding & Navigation purposes
- Third-party add-in & solutions
Alfresco is an exceptional document management system that enhances organization productivity with its world-class ECM Capabilities. It is an innovative solution that includes document management, Scanning, Data governance, collaboration, analytics, and many more useful features.
- Document Scanning & Capture
- Robust search & discovery
- Accessible on Web, Mobile, and desktop
- Rich Metadata models
- Built-in Workflows
- Multi-layer authentication
- Compliance Tracking
- Document Archiving & Indexing
- Approval Process Control
Nuxeo revolutionizes document management with its state-of-the-art technology, allowing users to create, scan, store, retrieve, or manage documents very efficiently. Nuxeo benefits organizations by automating tedious tasks and enhance productivity.
- Third party tools connect- Office 365, Adobe, Salesforce
- Cloud-native deployment
- In-depth content modeling
- Offline Access
- Workflow management
- Real-time data analytics
- Document Oriented REST
- Configure Content Retention
- DAM & ECM Integration
MasterControl is the right tool for those who prioritize security. MasterControl understands growing compliance & security constraints & has built a DMS that brings automation and stands with regulatory compliance.
- Automated Files control
- Timely audit trials
- Document Delivering & Indexing
- Compliance document management
- Access & Version control
- Configurable Workflows
LogicalDoc is an enterprise DMS accessible on the organization network. LogicalDoc helps businesses with high document transitions with its platform-independent solution.
- Web-based user interface
- Secure & reliable storage
- Workflow engine development
- Ultimate record management
- Workflow progress tracking
- Dashboard & Versioning
- Multilingual interface
- Desktop Web and Mobile web interface
- Integrated HTML and Text Editor
- Digital Watermarking
Samepage facilitates a collaborative workspace that includes communication, managing projects, task management, file sharing, and document collaboration, i.e., collaborating to create a document and attend the meetings from a single app.
- Utmost Collaborative Canvas
- Chats liked to content
- Features to create & edit text, video, diagrams, spreadsheet, and more
- Real-time collaboration
- Video conference & screen sharing
- Document tracking & synchronisation
- Virtual Workspace for teams
- Task Tracking
- Samepage Calendar
- Integration with Dropbox, Google Drive, and other Google tools
ONLYOFFICE offers an all-in-one productivity suite for smooth business running and productivity enhancement. The suite combines online document editors, collaboration platform, mail, Control panel, Community, and Project Management.
- Ready-to-use connectors
- Easy customization & apps integration
- MS Office formats compatibility
- Active directory authentication
- Private rooms
- Document, spreadsheet & presentation editors
- Email aggregator
- Advanced Document sharing
- Document Embedding
- AES-256 Encryption algorithm
Hightail simplifies collaboration and document sharing. With hightail’s flexible internal & external collaboration facility, businesses get to share information securely and close client deals faster than ever.
- One-stop solution for collaborations
- Simplifies project management
- File delivery tracking & email notifications
- Sync files from third-party cloud
- Review on the go
- Media Management integration
- Creative file creation & Editing
- Personal & Team Dashboards
Docuware has the top-notch document management software to create, capture, centralize and manage data digitally, benefitting businesses of all sizes to bring productivity to the next level. Docuware provides complete document control and workflow management.
- Invoice Processing
- Contract Management
- Multi-tenant SaaS platform
- Advanced Encrypted standards
- 24/7 Monitoring & Support
- Load distribution
- ERP & CRM Integrations
- Visual Process Mapping
- Preconfigured solution
Adobe Document cloud
Adobe Document cloud gives an absolute digital document experience allowing users to automate workflows and tasks and is enriched by leading E-signature solutions worldwide. It compliments cloud-connected world and make accessing pdf and managing essential document from anywhere.
- Accessible on Mobile, Tablet & browsers.
- Digital signatures & E-signatures
- Pre-built Integration
- Adobe Acrobat Security
- Security Incident Support Team
- File share, sign, edit, covert features
- Add Document reviews
- Legally compliant
Papertracer is a simple yet effective solution that optimizes document management workflow by integrating paper agreement & digital documents centrally. Papertracer software simplifies the audit procedure with intuitive tracking & reporting functions.
- Customizable workflow templates
- Workflow & Approval Management
- Unlimited E-signatures
- HIPPA Compliant
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Optical Character Recognition
- Alerts & Reminders
- Collaborative Negotiation enabling
- Rapid ROI Generation
- Comprehensive history
Bitrix24 packs powerful capabilities to increase overall business productivity and is widely preferred for its features like active document collaboration, document library, Lock, etc. Businesses can place the documents, videos, presentations to download or for collaboration purposes. It is one of the best Free document management systems in the market
- Self-hosted Customizable solution
- Personal drive, Group Drive and Company Drive
- Activity Stream
- Detailed Document’s Version history
- External drive integration
- Powerful Instant Search function
- In-built Business Process designer
- Smooth collaboration
- Document Lock facility
- Create & Edit Document Online
Greenbox Document Management Software
Greenbox is an innovative web-based document management software reviews to save the environment with its paperless or green workplace approach. Greenbox holds the ability to secure business information, define document workflow and maintain high availability.
- Document isolation across departments
- System and admin authority
- Custom Metadata
- Central Data repository
- 256-bit AES Encryption
- Document Version Tracking
- Document Sharing and Collaboration
- Cloud storage
- Expiry and Notification
Hubspot offers document tracking and document management software for the sales team to produce better sales results by building a unified content library for tracking content. Hubspot allows sharing the files directly from e-mail and track which document associates with the closed deal.
- Sales Oriented document tracking
- Teamwide document management
- Gmail and Outlook Integration
- Live chat & Calling
- Email Tracking and Scheduling
- Predictive Lead Scoring
- Real-Time Analytics
- Built-In personalisation functions
Fileinvite is a Cloud-Based Document Collection software working on autopilot mode eliminating manual dealing with client documents. Fileinvite offers a 5X more secure solution operating on request-based access to the document.
- Simple-to-use Collaboration tools
- Document Retention & Assembly
- Fully Features APIs
- Enterprise security with 256-bit encryption
- Forms & E-signatures
- Secured Client Portal
- Cloud storage synchronization
- Pre-built Zapier trigger
Libre Office is a high-performance open-source office suite offering quick creation of Word, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, and formula editing resulting in augmented productivity. The free document management system supports team collaboration and fun project management.
- Document assembling & Indexing
- Powerful Style System
- Intuitive structuring tools
- Extension mechanism
- Available in many languages
- Easy File type conversions
In the end, having a Document Management tool for the business adds value to the operations and reduces the number of efforts to finish the task.
It mainly helps manage time and saves the minutes spent on documents and contents management for any department.
Traditional paperwork practices management and tracing the records are hectic tasks for a senior authority responsible for multiple teams. However, the admin who handles multiple things can surely get relief from basic data management jobs through the software highlighted above.
Document Management Systems compile the data and organize them electronically via tech support and automation. By doing so, accessing, managing, and tracking the data becomes easy at any time of the user’s need. Data gathering and indexing are the greatest features of DMS that can be used for combining multiple and high volume space-consuming documents at once.